Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lumen, Nutrients, and pH Measurements

Received the light meter yesterday. Measured a little over 2500 lumen at top of plants on the Aeroflo36 and the seed germination tray. Was happy to see this as I had to guess on distance when placing the lights above the plants for this initial veg stage. I had read that 2500 was a good rate for this stage, slowly increasing to 8 to 10k lumen during flowering stage - provided that you don't torch the plants. Got to love those little light yo-yos

Running Aeroflo36 at 770 ppm of nutrients (yes, I think it should be higher, maybe around 1000 ppm - using Canna Aqua Vega, Cannazym, and Rhizotonic). I have been bringing the pH down from 6.7ish to about 5.8ish over the last 24 to 36 hours as ideal pH level, according to Canna literature, should be 5.2 to 6.2. I will continue to drop it more tomorrow to get within the ideal range. I think the air stone addition to the Aeroflo36 reservoir increased the pH a few points as it was lower when the water/nutrients were first put into the system.

Water temp holding with room temp at 75-76 degrees F

No comments:

Post a Comment