Thursday, September 22, 2011

Change Those R.O. Filters !

In the words of my daughter, "like OMG" !

Our Tall Blue pre-filter and Merlin Garden Pro have been doing a great job giving us water for our greenhouse and grow room.  We have a system on each due to the physical locations.  The grow room has been serviced for a little over a year now without a filter change so I thought it was time.  I normally change the filters in the house every 6 months due to the heavy use.

Well, I think I will be going to a 6 month cycle on the grow room as well.  When I pulled the filters out, set them in the sink, and poured the excess water out of the filter housing about two inches of "scale" material came out of the housing.  The filters weighed about 10 lbs, some I am sure was water, I can only imagine how much was particulate mater taken out of our municipal water system.


Moral of the story - CHANGE THE FILTERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment