Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Big Harvest

Took 6 lettuce plants out of the AeroFlo36 today.  Salad for dinner tonight (and a few more nights too).  We transplanted many of the Grow 3 plants into the AeroFlo36 today.  I have to tell you that my fears of the Rapid Rooter cubes came true.  Very "crumbly" medium - especially when it comes to transplanting.  Rockwool and STG are no problem to transplant.  I am still using STG hail in my net cups around the transplanted seedling cube.

We took a fairly equal number of Rapid Rooter and Rockwool seedlings into the AeroFlo36 from Grow 3.  Only two STG seedlings were taken due to the slower growth rate, and well, we had enough for a transfer in this grow.  I still have Grow 3 seedlings germinating.  Two Spinach seedlings !  I am going to give them another week or so, then see if we can transplant.  One is in Rockwool, one in Rapid Rooter.

I think I am going to move forward with Rockwool for seed germination on future grows due to the results and observations during Grow 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment